How to Prepare Your Photo Montage Media:
- Select the photos that you would like included in your final DVD, keeping in mind that, on average, we time the speed to allow 10 photos per minute.
- Get some stickers (ie yard sale price stickers, etc.) and number them with a Sharpie marker from 1 to however many photos you decide to include in your montage. Allow stickers to dry overnight if possible, to avoid any possibility of ink transfer from the stickers to the photographs.
- Put your photographs in the order in which you would like to see them on the final DVD, and number them on the back of each photo using the number stickers you created in Step 2. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THE NUMBERS DIRECTLY ONTO THE BACKS OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS! We’ve lost track of the number of times we’ve had to work with photographs that had ink transfer on the surface of the photo, from people numbering directly onto the backs of the photos.
- Select your music, keeping in mind the “10 photos per minute” suggestion, and using the total number of photos that you’ve selected as a guide, determine how many songs you will need to bring in to span the entire montage. You can bring music on original CDs, or just individual tracks on CDRs or USB flash drives.
- Create the edit list (see sample here) to tell us what two title screens you would like included in your montage, as well as a main DVD title so we’ll know how to label your finished DVD. Include which songs you’d like to go with which pictures and just bring everything in to our office.
We’ll check you in, get contact information, answer any questions you may have, and have you back on your way in no time.
Call us today! 919-319-6888
Consultations and estimates are free.